The Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a versatile command line tool allowing you to communicate and control, copy files back and forth, install and uninstall apps, run shell commands, and more smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, set-top box, or any other device that can run the Android operating system (even an emulator from a computer via a USB link. It comes with other useful tools bundled with the Android Software Development Kit ( SDK), and code. Also specific commands are built into the binary and some of them work on their own. It is a client-server program that includes three components:
- A client sending commands. Client runs for development on your machine. You can call a client from a terminal on a command-line by sending an adb command.
- A daemon (adbd) running commands on a device. The daemon runs on each device as a background process.
- A server which manages client-daemon communication. The server is running as a background on your development machine.
Features of Universal ADB Driver for Android
- Quick Installer – In seconds, you can quickly install Google ADB Driver.Just connect to your computer and execute the ADB Driver setup.
- Supports Every Device – Every device is supported, from huge brands like Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Huawei, Vivo , Oppo, Xiaomi or from any other small brand like Amazon. The chipset is detected and the driver is installed automatically.
- Detects Manufacture Name and Model – The manufacturer name and the device model number in the fabricator and description list are automatically identified and displayed.
- Refresh Button – You can quickly update the list of devices attached to your computer.
- Supports Windows x86 and x64 Bit – It detects your computer’s BIT automatically and lets you easily install ADB Driver on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 easily.
How to use ADB Installer on Android
Put it All Together
- Connect your Android device with a USB cable to your computer.
- The USB mode must be PTP in order for ADB to work. You can usually change this from the notification shade
- Enable USB debugging when a pop-up is displayed
- Open your computer’s platform-tools folder
- Shift+Right Click and select Open command prompt here
- Type adb devices and hit Enter
- A list of attached devices should be shown
- You can now enter the commands of ADB!
Interesting Facts about ADB installer Android
ADB allows you to do things on an Android device that are not suitable for daily use but can be very useful for users or developers. For example, you can install apps outside the Play Store, debug apps, access hidden features, and create a Unix shell to allow you to control your device directly. For security reasons, developer options should be disabled and the USB debugging mode should also be activated.
All versions of Windows between Windows XP and Windows 10 are compatible with ADB Driver Installer. However, they can be found in several other versions. Examples are a Sony Smartwatch 3 bundle and a mobile Nokia X or Android system bundle. Please note that most of these packages require previous technical experience from the user.
Troubleshoot for ADB Installer for Android
- If the download failed, check if you are online.
- Check the “adb-installer.log” for installation failure
- Install update KB2917929 for driver enumeration problems in Windows 8.1
- Uninstall old Google USB driver versions
- Check here for problems with detection of devices